email: jameschrislloyd[at]gmail[dot]com :: http://www.lloud.com/james
RESUME – updated April 2011
- Dec 2009 – present :: Literacy Network of Dane County
- Volunteer lab proctor & ESL tutor
- Mar 1995 – Dec 2010 :: Promega Corporation
- Scientific Training Developer – Synchronous & asynchronous online program development, administration, management & production
- Web Production Manager – web team management
- Electronic Media Manager – web page design
- Oct 1985 – Jun 1993 :: d.b.a. CI Studio
- Video Production entrepreneur
- Owner & Manager of computer retail business:
RCC Systems, Inc. (Sep 1990 – Dec 1991)
- Sep 1993 – Dec 2007 :: UW-Madison Graduate School, Curriculum and Instruction
- Master’s Degree – Educational Technology
- Sep 1980 – July 1985 :: UW-Madison, Communications Arts
- Bachelor of Arts degree
- Management of synchronous ‘webinar’ training programs.
- Management of eTraining course authors, content and learner database (LMS).
- Management of authors & SMEs in support of >40,000 pages of web sites.
- Key member of team to build Corporate Employee database & maintenance procedures.
Project Management: Experienced design and management abilities
- Innovative & low-cost use of MS Outlook for project status & reporting.
- Able to analyze needs and apply efficient & cost-effective selection of tools.
People Skills: Focused on accomplishment, patient and persistent
- Comfortable with domestic and international clients.
- Responsive to goals of others, departments and projects.
- Personable and cheerful, an excellent listener.
Communication: Solid writing, instruction and presentation skills
- Experienced in academic and business proposals.
- Ability to understand and plainly explain technical terminology.
- Willingness to share knowledge, provide training and service.
Computer Skills: Broad Knowledge – flexible and versatile
- Expert use of Windows and Macintosh operating systems.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft products, Adobe products (Flash & actionscript, Connect Professional, Photoshop, Acrobat), Premiere & AVID video editing, Linden Labs Second Life, and many small production utilities.
References furnished gladly on request.